Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of frequently asked questions. You are welcome to contact us on 8061 FINYOU (346968) and one of our consultants will answer your questions.
How do I apply for a loan through FinYou?
To apply for a loan you can do any one of the following:
- Complete a FinYou Application form in the Retail Store of your choice and fax or email the application to us
- The Retail Store can capture your application directly on our system
- If your Merchant has a website link with FinYou, you can also apply directly from their website and the application will be processed directly through our system
- Send an email enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
What documentation do I need to provide?
If you just need a tentative answer, you don’t need to submit any documentation with your application. After we processed your initial credit data to a financial provider you will receive an SMS stating the outcome of your credit approval. The credit approval is based on the financial service provider’s credit policy and NCA affordability requirements.
Once you have the answer, you need to submit the following documents:
- Ceritified colour copy of your green bar-coded South African ID book/Smart ID Card back and front
- Proof of residence not older than 3 months
- 3 months bank statements up-to-date. No internet bank statements permitted and all bank statements must have a bank stamp
- Latest 3 months pay slips
You will also receive an email that indicates all relevant methods of providing the supported documentation.
How long would the application process take?
For the initial credit approval feedback you will receive a notification within 3 business hours.
The duration of the final approval is subject to you providing us with all the correct supported documentation. After receiving all the requested supported documents, it takes approximately 48 business hours.
The process is also subject to the total loan amount that you are financing, lower product value items could be completed the same day, subject to the financial provider facilitating the loan.
Will I be granted a loan?
You could qualify for credit if:
- You are 18 years or older
- You have a bank account and can supply 3 month’s bank transactions with 3 month’s salary drops & salary payslips
- Are you employed (not self employed)
- You are with your current employer for longer than 3 months
- Your salary (not just commission) is paid into your bank account
- You haven't been handed over, sequestered or placed under debt review/administration
- You are a South African citizen with a Green Barcoded ID
- You work on a permanent contract base (not ongoing)
- You get paid wages (weekly) and fortnightly (every second week)
What interest rate will I pay?
Your payment terms and interest rate payable is subject to your credit profile and the offer from the financial provider to you. We do not determine the term or interest rate that is offered to you by the financial provider. The outcome is also not affected by applying through FinYou.
What other charges will I pay?
Charges such as service and initiation fees are levied by finance providers. The terms and conditions is subject to a credit application and full credit assessment in terms of the National Credit Act (http://www.ncr.org.za/).
What amount can I apply for?
From R2000.00 up to R230 000.00
My loan application is approved, what will happen next?
FinYou will be notified of the approval and the credit granted towards your purchase will instruct the Retail store to issue an invoice. FinYou will then pay the individual merchant directly.
How long before I can pick up my purchase?
As soon as the payment process is completed and as arrangements between you and the merchant.
What happens if I want to return the product?
You need to contact the merchant directly to arrange for return or replacement of product. The terms and conditions of the individual products or services at the merchant will apply.
The supplier of the products are not affiliated to FinYou, what can I do?
Request the store or merchant to contact FinYou on 0861 FINYOU (346968) or email@example.com. We will contact them and take care of the necessary administrative procedures to enable you to finance your purchases.
Can I finance any product or service?
We are in agreement with our finance provider partners to offer finance for any unsecured product or service.
How do I repay my loan?
Loan repayments will be according to the arrangements between the finance provider and yourself and will run over the period as agreed. Your monthly instalments will be deducted from your bank account, depending on the agreement with the finance provider.